Baysgarth School - Vision for SEND
To ensure that all students can achieve regardless of their background, special educational need or disability.
We take a holistic approach, offering both social/emotional and academic support, to meet a wide array of SEN needs.
We aim to provide our SEN pupils with a nurturing environment - an environment in which they can also be prepared for a successful transition into adulthood.
as a send team, we ensure that students:
● Feel safe, secure and content within their learning experience, so that they are in the best position to access learning.
● Achieve to the best of their ability by accessing appropriate support, differentiation and adaptation to enable them to do so.
● Make good progress in their reading, spelling and numeracy ages to support them in accessing subjects across the curriculum.
● Engage in individual and group interventions as required, to achieve positive outcomes.
● Access additional support for SEMH needs, where needed, including building positive relationships with trusted adults and with peers.
● Increase resilience and independence across the school day, both in and out of lessons, preparing them for adult life
We aim to:
● Be SEND experts, fully trained to support all student needs.
● Be a strong and supportive team, who are open, honest and share all knowledge.
● Support all teachers to become excellent teachers of SEND.
● Be confident in our approaches and the solutions we provide.
● Act as student advocates, holding others to account without being judgemental.
● Have robust identification processes and rigorous monitoring systems.
● Have high aspirations for all of our students and ourselves, focusing on improving SEND student outcomes.